Tuesday, September 29, 2009

FREAKED OUT

i know i haven't posted in like a lifetime...but i have a good reason...er, more like a million. it seems like the first few weeks of school, church activities, i started BSF this year, too....lots of hustle & bustle....but i feel like i'm catching my breath......i have lots of things i want to blog about, BUT I SIMPLY MUST TELL YOU WHAT HAPPENED TO ME LAST NIGHT!

it is monday night, doug is at church for a meeting...and i am feeling all "warm & fuzzy" cuz it is 7:30 and my house is pretty clean, lunches are made, the kids had a bath/snack/medicine/brushed teeth, and are happily playing with legos and watching the cosby show :) all is right with the world...well, in my part of blendon township anyway...

i'm thinking its a good time to take a quick shower, so i go and lock all the doors and i tell dawson..."i'm going to take a quick shower, ok?" he replies, "ok mom"....i'm in the shower for 3 minutes when i hear the first "yell"....i figure if its bad they'll come get me. a minute later i hear another "yell". hmmm....probably fighting over legos or wrestling, but i get out of the shower to dry off, and i hear.....SILENCE.

usually silence is not a good thing, i open the door & yell for them....nothing. great, so off i go with just a towel around me, cuz i'm kind of freaked out. and i see the doors to outside WIDE OPEN, and i start yelling "dawson"....now, if your a mom....aren't like, 5,000 things going through your head right now? then my neighbor melissa comes running into my garage yelling my name! i am thinking really bad & scary thoughts right now...and at the same time thinking, this is really stupid i am in a towel right now, cuz if some bad guy comes at me, i'm helpless....anyway, back to the neighbor....

she said the boys were knocking on her door FREAKED OUT because they had NO IDEA WHERE MOM WAS....which freaked melissa out. oh. my. stars. you have got to be kidding me!!!! i tell her i'll be right over.

let me re-cap last nights weather for you....@48 degrees....50 mph wind gusts.... and its raining. let me tell ya what my kids were wearing....their underwear.

so, i go and get them after thanking melissa 1000 times, hoping she doesn't think i SUCK as a mom...as we are running back home, dawson looks like someone just shot our dog, and dodge says, "mom, dont EVER do that again!"

for pete's sakes, our house is so NOT THAT BIG....i assure you, there are like 4 possible rooms i could be in....why is it, when i DONT want the kids to come storming into the bathroom - they do. and when i want them to come into the bathroom, they run half-naked through a typhoon to the neighbors?

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh... While reading this I started laughing out loud and couldn't stop. HYSTERICAL! Jaeger even said "Mom, what's so funny?" to which I replied Dawson and Dodge and their funny mommy. Thanks for a from the belly laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, this is HILARIOUS!! Sounds exactly like something that would happen at our house--except with my luck the wind would whip off my bath towel and I'd be standing in the street nekkid. HA! Thanks for sharing--your kids will love reading about this when they're older!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rach....Thanks for the laugh............I'm still telling it at work to any one with kids.........they can relate!!P.S. I KNOW similar stories when you kids were little......I can remember them.....I wonder if you guys can?

    ReplyDelete