Saturday, September 5, 2009

day off

it is labor day weekend...and doug took the boys up north to do "boy" things, and i had a day to MYSELF!!!! yippee :) i slept in till 9:00...and may i just say, i slept like a rock...beautiful.

i drove down to fulton street (thanks for the idea, court)...and parallel parked for like, the first time in my life...went to a couple little antique shops...with the occasional looking over my shoulder, cuz I AM NOT A CITY GIRL. G.R. makes me nervous...i cant help it. anyway, i also went to the fulton street farmers market...it was kind of fun...i grabbed a bunch of fun flowers...happy birthday to me...and some fruit & veggies & some official "hungarian apple strudel" made by a cute little hungarian lady, well, she would have been cuter, had she been a little friendlier...my OCD kicked in a little, later when i was taking a bite...hmmm...did she wash her hands...does she have cats that walk on her counters...does her husband smoke and use her apple strudel pans for ash trays...how long has the strudel been sitting on that table....does the FDA approve farmer market pastries...DANG!!! it now sits in my fridge, waiting for doug...the guy who eats anything. without exception.

here are my happy flowers...






and my raspberries, after eating a bunch....and YES! yellow tomatoes...i had them for the first time at courts...sliced and put on toast with salt & pepper...yum :)


and, as always...as i drive home and get closer to hudsonville...i actually start to feel my body relax...and the heart palpitations cease. no lie, when i worked in grand rapids at saint mary's and when i went to school down town...i would get real stressed while there....couldn't wait to get back to hudsonville....back to places where faces are familiar....you dont worry about getting a flat tire...cuz some mechanic/farmer/nice neighbor will be glad to help ya...
its been a fun day...sleeping in...eating what and when i want (i love jimmy johns :))...not feeling guilty for doing things like antiquing, going to a farmers market....eating half a bag of hershey kisses and watching the walton's...and i'm reminded how good time alone feels...and how much i miss my busy, noisy house with my three favorite guys...


1 comment:

  1. SERIOUSLY, sounds like you had quite the weekend! I long for that.....yet at the same time I'm very sad my house will be getting one voice, yell, scream quiter this week :(

    ReplyDelete