Monday, November 16, 2009

water

i love water. i drink it every day. i waste it more than i care to admit. i like long hot showers. i use too much when i brush my teeth. i do ump-teen loads of laundry a week. i have a handy dandy dish washer that makes my life easier.

i love kids. i have two. they love water, too. since they could drink out of a cup, they have had a water bottle with them WHEREVER they go - really. my boys like dirt. they shower every day. they play with the hose during the summer...and winter.

i love my country. i love michigan. i love the beach.

i've never been to africa. but i've seen what those kids drink. it looks like mucky-swamp water and is contaminated with bugs, parasites and poop. i dont know about you, but that is just sad to me.

so, as you put together your christmas list....put africa on there. they need water. the fresh, clean yummy stuff we take for granted. look at your kids and grandkids...or your pretty lil self. aren't we blessed?! the blessing isn't ours to keep...pass it on. it's only $10...or as much as you want. so simple....please help.

keep things in perspective this christmas season....does uncle fred really care if he gets a jar of cashews? buy some water...its good stuff.

4 comments:

  1. Love the post. Water is something I take for granted all the time! Do you have a website?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my...nevermind. ha...long day I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, i make myself sick....how much i take for granted that is! I will so give $10! sometimes, truely, i would love to be a missionary and go help others in need. wonder if my family would come with?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I have been to Africa and can attest to the water there. It's awful to think of what mothers around the world have to give to their hungry and thirsty children. I have a link on my blog to another great water cause: a filter that you can buy for $32 that will provide clean water for a family of 10--and they're made by Cascade Engineering! Help our local economy and give the gift of water this Christmas. Look for "HydrAid BioSand Water Filter" under "Causes to Champion." Great post, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete