Sunday, November 8, 2009

do you compare?

do you ever have days when you think...why cant i find time to do that? i've always wanted to try to do that...i've been meaning to paint that room for YEARS...i really should somehow document my children's lives w/ some sort of baby book - scrap book thingy...my kids are finally in school, how can it be a have LESS accomplished around the house when they return home?...will i ever get the laundry caught up...

will my husband ever come home from work, and find me waiting for him at the door with a kiss & "how was your day, honey?...by the way, we're having roast, garlic-smashed potatoes, hot rolls, and i whipped up a little dessert, too....oh, and by the way, the boys have finished their homework & chores, and i was just thinking of making crafty little invitations for a last-minute slumber party...it will be sooo fun, i'm so excited!!

ugh.

sometimes i get in a little rut of "why cant i get it together?!"

you know what? the more i look at what others "do", the more i can get dissatisfied with what i "do"...i'm only one girl...and like a very wise person once told me, we all have our special gifts...God has a purpose for me and only me...it's not anyone else's plan...just mine. i am who i am...and i should do the best that i can with what i've got...and if i want something to change...guess what? its up to me to do the changing!!!

sometimes i look at other crafty girls, and think, why cant i do that...i wish i had that knack! but when i do that, i take away from the genuine-ness of those crafty girls....so....i'm gonna do my best not to be so envious and just be inspired :)

here is a link to brown-eyed fox's post about comparing....she is so totally cute & crafty...ya know...she's inspiring ;)


do you compare?

2 comments:

  1. Rachel, you are reading my mind. I *always* think those things--wish I could keep the house cleaner, wish I could make more creative meals, wish I was a morning person so I could wake up and run and do devo's before the kids got up. Augh. Not gonna happen! But I know what you mean: trying to live in your own skin without envying those who "have it together" [they're faking it]...is hard. Way to do with your positive attitude, though, and your willingness to make small changes. I guess it all starts there. Loved your post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY! we must all do this. I could be in tears over this all day long if I allowed myself to. I even look at other moms I know not one bit and think they have it all together and what the heck am I doing wrong? It's the devil gals, and he is trying to make US, very loving and faithful moms, doubt, compare, envy, and such.....don't let him. WE RULE!

    ReplyDelete