Friday, October 30, 2009

rush, rush...

ok, don't know if this is gonna work...when i get a chance, (which is hardly EVER) i love to read angie's blog....no, i dont know her personally...but she is sooooooo inspiring! one of those people that if i met her, i would probably hug her & we would be instant friends....well, thats what i think, anyway.

these past few weeks have been a complete and utter BLUR. i have been near tears more than i care to mention...feeling so busy, feeling like i'm jipping my family in the process.

now, mind you, i know sooooo many people who are waay busier than me. people who have 3 kids playing sports, and oh yeah, they coach at least one of them....teaching sunday school, on 2 or 3 committess at church, head the PTA at school...or better yet, home school....and i look at them and they seem like it is no big deal.

this is why i haven't posted an a while...i have felt like i'm drowning...i am a girl who likes routine...i DO NOT FUNCTION WELL UNDER STRESS, i dont like to be rushed...i need quiet once in awhile....i am a home-body...i need to learn how to say "no", even if it's church related...God wants me to raise my boys...be a wife to my husband....

so, anyway, when i came across this post, i felt like she wrote it for me...i need to slow down...take a deep breath and be present. life is too short not to be.

the following is angies post...hopefully, you will click & read.

I have a new post up on (in)courage....maybe you can relate?
Click here to read...

3 comments:

  1. Oh...My...Gosh... I spent the morning reading that Angie's personal blog, bawling my eyes out! If anyone else is going to take a look have some tissues ready. (especially of you watch the video of Audrey. My stomach hurt) What a story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Can I ever relate. October has been such a frustrating month with everything we've had on the calendar. We had to say not to 2 really cool opportunities with old friends because we just couldn't justify another night away from home--or another babysitter. It's hard to do though! I think to one degree or another, we're all in the same boat, Rachel. Thanks for your honesty. Great post with real heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to be completely honest here. I love God but on more than one sunday I never made it to church because I simply needed a quiet day at HOME with nothing on the agenda. I so often feel overwhelmed and anxiety gets the best of me. I'm not sure what the answer is and i simply try to live in the moment but it's tough. So thankful you were honest too because it makes me feel like maybe i'm normal after all because it is true so many moms make it look like a cake walk and I'm left stumbling wondering why i feel like i'm drowning! I am learning to say No... so my kids and hubby can enjoy the best of me!

    ReplyDelete