Thursday, June 4, 2009

poetry coffeehouse

nearing the end of the year, the first graders have been anticipating their poetry coffeehouse. they worked hard on two poems...the room was all decorated...tablecloths on the tables, a stage with twinkly-lights, and of course coffee with yummy flavored creamers ;)
dawson was sooooo excited, he made me a cup of coffee - nice & sweet - and all the parents sat down for an hour of entertainment....it was pretty cool!
this is dawson reading his poems:
MY BROTHER
my brother fills my heart, because he makes people laugh
he's like a clown, making people laugh...a lot
that's why i like my brother....a lot!
MOM AND DAD
mom and dad, always helpful
mom and dad, always heal me and my brother
mom and dad, always teaching us
and that's how i like my mom and dad


me and my poet

thanks for those special words, buddy! you are so thoughtful and caring...always just what i need!


No comments:

Post a Comment