Monday, March 2, 2009

not my baby...

it was a cold, snowy day....almost as cold as today...ok, that's for you, mom!



really, i CANT believe the sweet baby in this picture is seven!! it just sounds so old to me! it was one of the most incredible days in my life...march 2, 2002. nothing ever felt so exciting, so natural, so miraculous than having dawson and bringing him home. i thought he was for sure the most beautiful baby anyone ever laid eyes on. he literally came into the world pretty. and i dont say that about every baby...stay tuned for dodge's story in december! :)






here's my little buddy splashing through the water at cran-hill ranch.
i believe he is 16 months here.






thumb sucker...








3 months old...at grandma & grandpa beld's house.
my mom & i's first attempt at a "photo shoot"...i did not like the
j.c. penny-look. in fact, i don't own a single, professional picture...unless you count those lovely school pics!







snuggling on the couch...my favorite things to do with babies!






this kid LOVES oreo cookies!!











more oreos...






daddy and dawson at the cottage, doing sparklers...4th of july...2004



dawson, at andy hoffman's barn...fall of 2006



it takes more than a few missing teeth to keep him from chowing down on birthday cake!

Happy Birthday, buddy....you bring tons of joy to our lives & we love you!!

1 comment:

  1. Rachel,
    It is amazing how fast the time goes... I once said if I had 3 wishes I'd wish for a pause button on life and instant record for those moments you want taped and the video camera is nowhere to be found. What a handsome guy! Luke turns double digits in less than a month. 10 almost makes me hyperventilate! Let's just take life a day at a time and love and soak in our wonderful and everyday lives!
    love,
    Shel

    ReplyDelete