Tuesday, March 3, 2009

cold teeth, white van, 20 yards...

i've got ya thinkin dont i? the women folk in my family have decided it would be fun to run the riverbank this year. i have thought about doing it for the last several years, but ALWAYS found an excuse. my kids are too young, i dont have time, i'm not in shape, and truly...i dont like to set a big goal like that, and then tell people. i feel like i wont finish what i started - so why even start?

well, if my mom (who is 20 years older), my sister-in-law (who has 3 kids under age 4), and my other sister-in-law (who works full-time & goes to school) can do it...then i think i better. ;)

so, i dropped off my littlest buddy at pre-school...and bundled up - cuz it was a frigid 15 degrees, and started down the road. this would be impossible without an mp3 player. as i'm walking, i realize my teeth are so cold, they hurt. i then notice a white van, slowly moving down the road - why do white vans set off some sort of "that must be a drifter/criminal" alarm? i just dont like white vans & ice cream trucks...they give me the creeps.

this is when i decide to pick up my pace and start to jog. HA. my body thought otherwise. i went maybe 20 yards, and decided my knee hurt too much, and i better just walk. good governor, i hope i can do this race pain-free, let alone finish!

however, as i'm walking (fast, mind you), i feel a little better about myself, cuz i'm working towards something. it may have been a "bugger" today, but it can only get better. kind of like the weather...cold, but the sun was out...and spring does manage to come every year.

so, i'm tired of thinking about things & not doing them...this is a good day - i know there will be plenty of days i'm not motivated - but i started, and thats what matters!!

1 comment:

  1. Good job Rach....but as for the pain...call Lisa and get some stretch exercises...and maybe pick up a patella band.[no, it's not a singing group] hee,hee

    ReplyDelete