Sunday, March 13, 2011

agnus dei

agnus dei....lamb of God.

an eventful weekend.

thursday night, a call from my brother nobody wants to get. he is following an ambulance to the hospital...gracie's been hurt.

i love my brother...love his wife...love that girl like she's my own.

me, my mom and other brother all head to de vos children's and sit in the ER w/ kirk, court & gracie.

i'll spare the details...lots of unknowns...fears...just super emotional. LOTS OF PRAYERS.

meanwhile, we know my other sis-in-law should be flying from japan at this very moment...well, zak gets a text from april...there's a tsunami warning...no flights are going anywhere. more unknowns. LOTS OF PRAYERS.

going home at 2 a.m. with no answers. just praying and expecting God to show up. one thing i've learned recently is not to pray selfishly, but to trust Him completely. and know that he will work things out for His glory...and i'll praise Him no matter what.

so after watching some ugly tsunami footage in japan at 2:30 a.m. - i realize it wont do me any good. i listened to "agnus dei"...oh, how i LOVE that song. i KNOW that's heaven in a song. it brought me so much comfort...reminded me to look UP...

He is Holy...Almighty...Worthy...He reigns...He is completely Sovereign and in control of all things.

we have the assurance of salvation...the permanence of being engraved in the palm of His hand (isaiah 49:16)

i sent that song to kirk in the hospital, because i know he likes music and i thought it would be good to listen to while they stayed up there... i told him i like thrid day's version best, but couldn't find it

God faithfully answered our prayers...Gracie came home after a couple days w/ a concussion and a skull fracture...but she'll be o.k....April finally flew out from tokyo the next day and is home safe.

i've just been so thankful for an amazing family and a gracious God...

sunday morning i'm getting ready for church... i like to listen to pandora on my i-pod, but its been acting funny lately - always cutting out. i turned it on, and what was playing? AGNUS DEI by THIRD DAY!!!!! it played the whole song, i just shut my eyes & let the words sink in....and you know what? after the last note was played, it cut out...shut off. God just wanted me to hear that song - His gift to me :)

now i'm at church...i look at the bulletin. whats the first song we are going to sing?

AGNUS DEI

really?! we haven't sang that since easter...i had tears streaming down my cheeks the whole song.

i call my brother kirk, to tell him my agnus dei story...when i get done, he says, "you won't believe this...i'm just NOW watching that video you sent me, cuz i couldn't open it in the hospital"

God shows up all the time...you won't want to miss it.


Isaiah 49:16 See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands;

your walls are ever before me.




1 comment:

  1. tears, lots and lots of tears right now!!! He is so good! Thanks for the verses you put in my Bible too. I opened it up Saturday morning, it was a bad morning....I was tired, overwhelmed, and just wanted my baby girl HOME! Those verses have been read many times by me, but never have I felt the Lord's presence more in His word. And never has His word filled me with such emotion, there was tears than too & then He lifted me out of my pit to my feet. I knew Gracie would be going home, I knew He had a plan, I knew she was in HIS PALM! He is Holy, He is Almighty, He is worthy to be praised for all our answers!

    ReplyDelete